23 January 2018

Can't Give Up My Bike

As up to now, I haven't been thinking of giving up my bike since riding has given positive effects to my soul. I always feel fresh and energized every time I came back from a short riding trip. Seriously, the thought of giving up my bike scares me a lot and I'd experienced anxiety and frustration over my failure to commit riding once a week. But still, it's much better than a drug addiction. 

The love for motorcycle was and is always there. After getting my driving licence in 1994, I bought a motorbike from my senior in college. He was due to leave for the United States so, he sold his bike to me for RM1,000. It was a Yamaha 100 Sports
Source: Google
The bike was fully utilized until 1999. I used it to go around the campus, gatherings and night classes. I even rode it until 2 am for church activities. I really thought it was the best decision I made because when I had the money from my sponsorship, I was divided between purchasing a brand new desktop computer or a bike. Well, you know the answer right?

So what happened after 1999? My friends and I graduated from university and I got a job in Nilai, Negeri Sembilan. My roommate, a Sabahan decided it's time for him to return home. So he offered me to continue paying for his bike loan. A Kawasaki Super Kips 150 as pictured below;
Source: Google
Since the bike was beautiful and sporty, so, I agreed to it. Of course, in order to own that bike, I sold my 100 sports to my fellow colleague in Nilai. It's the bike I used to go to work from Monday to Saturday. I beat all the tolls and traffic lights with it and reached my destinations faster than a car. However, just like many of my friends, It's time to return to my homeland, Sarawak. My homecoming was backed up by the job offer in one of the colleges in Kuching. I hardly found anyone interested with my Kawasaki Kips so I humbly asked the "Towkay" in Kajang to accept the surrender of my bike without penalty. Thank goodness, he was kind enough to let me go peacefully. 

For 3 years (2000-2003) I had no bike when I was in Kuching. I began to feel the financial pinch when I started building a family and the government set the petrol price at RM2.70 per litre. To save cost and with the little savings I had, I bought a second hand Suzuki VR125 cash from a motorcycle dealer in Batu Kawah. It gave me a temporarily relief because after two years, the scooter became unwell,  having all kind of complications. I tried saving it but failed. Sadly, it ended up in a Recycling Centre in 2011.

In 2012, I made another decision to own a bike. But this time around, my choice of bike was largely influenced by my brother. I bought a Kawasaki er6F. A 650 cc bike. I didn't have a B Full driving license but the company helped me in getting the L license, before going for the test. With RM21K for the down payment, I only paid RM280 per month for four years installment. 
Source: Google
The bike was not used for me to go to work, that's why I called it as a weekend bike. It was a good bike: agile, stable and fast. Unfortunately, as my interest grew into a 4 cylinder bike, I began searching for a new bike but affordable. My accidental visit to Huat Bing Motors, MJC was worth it. I felt in love with a Benelli 600 c.c. An affordable 4 cyclinders bike. So, I traded in my Er6F with it and top up RM6K. 
Source: Google/Bikesrepublic.com
It is a nice bike but has many petty issues. In terms of design and sound? No problem. Nice to see and nice to hear. That's the end of my bike story. Now, I am a BeneLLi 600 rider. More riding experience coming my way. Oh yeah...

Logging off
11.13 PM
23/1/2018




8 Messages:

mun said...

Can see that you love all your bikes very much until you can lovingly remember and write about all of them. Try your best to ride it at least once a week so that it will feel loved.

Rose world said...

Wow. A diary of your bikes.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Yes Mun. I can vividly remember them.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Hahaha.. Love them all bah.

rainfield61 said...

I had dreamed to go around in a superbike.
Yes, dreamed.

Ezvina said...

Enjoy your weekend rides. I know zero about bike.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

May your dream comes true.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

I know a bit only.